Thursday, May 3, 2012

Blog 10: Type CATW Pratice 3

              Our birth order may influence our life a lot. The passage "How Your Birth Order Influences Your Life Adjustment" by Lucille Forer identifies child's position in a family as the only child, oldest child, middle child or youngest child. The oldest child would became more responsible and efficent than the younger children by the sibling role. The middle child is similar to the oldest child, but sometimes he might ask his parent or an order sibling for help when he needs it. The youngest child doesn't need to concern anything because others always come to take care of him. The only child has to learn to take care of himself if his parents are not able to. Those positions affect them to develop their behavior and attitudes toward themselves and others. I agree with the idea that the sibling role within the family group is the development for children's attitudes and behavior toward others.

             I am the middle child in my family, and my family position turns me become more responsible and more efficiently than my younger sister. I'm satisfy for being a middle child in my family because I can be concerned from my parents and my older brother. For example, when I got in trouble with my home work, my older brother always come to help me. On the other side, I would become a responsible person by taking care of my younger sister. For instance, I always cook for my younger sister if my parents are not at home.

             My friend Lucy, she's the only child in her family. Unfortunately, her parents are very busy on their business. They don't have much time to take care of Lucy. Therefore, she learned how to take care of herself, and solve problems by herself as possible. For example, she got a lot of skills on cook, and cleaning. she usually done her homework without any help. For this reason, I admire her with her independent.

            In short, it's very important by our birth order in the family. It influences our a lot in our life, help us with development on our behavior.

1 comment:

  1. 1. 1.She offered a good summary, which include the main ideas of the passage. In addition, it has a clear thesis statement, for instance, I agree with the idea….
    2 I am the middle child in my family, and my family position turns me become more responsible and more efficiently than my younger sister. I'm satisfy for being a middle child in my family because I can be concerned from my parents and my older brother. For example, when I got in trouble with my home work, my older brother always come to help me. On the other side, I would become a responsible person by taking care of my younger sister. For instance, I always cook for my younger sister if my parents are not at home.
    3. She talks about the responsibility of oldest child. It is level 3, she talks about general information, for instance, she mentioned her brother help her when she get in trouble with her homework. In addition, she added another example about only child in a family, which is about independent. It is also level 3, because it does not mention the specific time.
    2. 4. All those major paragraphs have main idea, and develop the main idea from the passage, however. Those body paragraphs do not have very clear main ideas. She also has a conclusion, but not strong
    5. The thesis statement is “he sibling role within the family group is the development for children's attitudes and behavior toward others.” She discusses the role of children in family. It supports her ideas, for instance, the first body paragraph is about responsibility, and second is about independent.

    ReplyDelete